It's Fun To Do Good and Wildhorse Ranch Rescue knows it!
Our Mission is to save animals from abuse, neglect, slaughter and premature death and provide a safe place for them to live for the remainder of their lives.
Our Programs include….
- Equine Rescue – Wild Mustangs, All domestic equines, Retired US Forest Service Equines, US Cavalry Horses and any equine in need of help.
- Havasu Pup – This program started in 2007. We rescue the unwanted puppies, dogs and kittens from Havasupai Grand Canyon,
- Havasu Horse Rescue Program - As of Oct. 2014, we began taking horses and mules in need out of Havasupai.
- Kitty City consists of our cat sanctuary. All cats are spayed/neutered.
Wildhorse Ranch Rescue aka Wildhorse was started in 1995 by Kim Meagher (pronounced Maher or Marr), an employee of the Intel Corporation. She and her two young children, Nick and McKay, accidentally found out about the plight of homeless horses in the United States. Once they knew that over 60,000 horses in this country are sent to horrible deaths each year, they knew they had to do something to help. They rescued horses privately from 1995 until 2000. But even with their efforts, they could not save very many horses. Kim applied for and received non-profit status for Wildhorse and with the help of many people, Wildhorse has been able to save hundreds of horses from death, abuse and neglect. Note: Our use of the term "horses" refers to all types of equine.
Wildhorse also takes in retired United States Government horses and mules from the US Forest Service and the United States Cavalry. Wildhorse provides an opportunity for these hardworking animals to live in peace and comfort in their golden years. Note: the US Government does not pay for their retirement.
Wildhorse is a registered 501(c)3 organization with the Federal Government and in the State of Arizona. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by the IRS.
Give a shout out to Wildhorse Ranch Rescue or lend support to their cause HERE.
It's Fun To Do Good and The Bag-a-Thon Food Drive with Edward Jones knows it!
End Hunger One Bag at a Time
You may not realize it, but you may know a friend or neighbor who is struggling to put meals on the family table. Arizona has the third-highest child food insecurity rate in the country. Nearly 1 in 3 children, 1 in 5 adults, and 1 in 6 seniors in our state live in poverty. With 56,000 Arizona children facing hunger on a daily basis, the time to help is now.
You can help!
Join us for the Bag-a-Thon food drive. Your donation of canned goods and/or other non-perishable food items will help assist a food pantry working to help those in need in our community.
Edward Jones financial advisors in the Greater Phoenix Area and Northern Arizona thank you for your support!
Here's how it works
· Nov. 1st-15th: Edward Jones branches will serve as collection points for non-perishable donations
· Nov. 16th from 8:00 am-12:00 pm: The Bag-a-Thon food drive will culminate at the Edward Jones Home Office: 8333 S. River Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85284
· All donations will be received, packaged and delivered to the United Food Bank, which collects, acquires, stores and distributes food and related commodities to food banks across Arizona
Give a shout out to The Bag-a-Thon Food Drive with Edward or lend support to their cause HERE.